Aircraft Mechanic I CH-53
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic I CH-53Location: New River, NCPosition: Permanent #8211; Full TimeSalary: $28.93 Our Client offers the opportunity to create a future at a fast-paced, innovative aerospace company. They encourage creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to take their Company to the next level. Their leadership team has over 530 years of combined experience to share with their employees to continue their legacy. They're invested in their people and your professional development because they aren't just building a company #8211; they're building future leaders. SUMMARYThey are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail-oriented. You'll be working in all weather conditions servicing, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems. You may need to work weekends and or holidays as the mission requires and shifts are variable. Hours will be set by the unit. Travel will be required as the unit specifies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
- Performs operational checks on lighting equipment, such as: navigation lights search and landing lights, anti-collision lights and replaces bulbs.
- May remove and install electrical connections that are foolproof.
- Removes and installs starter and main generators.
- Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines, and component parts.
- Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
- Maintains aircraft fuel, oil, and hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides, and forms used on the job.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Must show proficiency in the use of OOMA within 90 days after the assignment.
- Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure meeting of aircraft Turn-Around-Time (TAT)
- Maintain aircraft RESET Team Leader Stations and Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
- Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
- Effectively report the status of aircraft through written and verbal communication Initiate and complete controlled exchange in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Regulations Perform PMCS and inspection documentation on vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Performs housekeeping duties in work and common areas.
- Ensures that tools and equipment used by the employee in the classification are properly calibrated.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with RASM-E and OSHA policies and procedures.
- Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment.
- Ability to perform Optimized Naval Aviation Logistic Management Information System functions for aviation maintenance performed.
- Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Removes, installs, or modifies aircraft components and engines on test stands and engine test cells as required and trained.
- Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
- Performs aircraft functional checks.
- Performs related record maintenance including completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers' drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
- May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- CH/MH-53E Power Plants and Related Systems Maintenance Course
- Must have 6 years' experience on CH/ME-53E aircraft.
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer #8211; minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Additional Keywords: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Aviation, Plane Mechanic, Aviation Mechanic, Maintenance Engineer, Inspector, CH, MH53E,Aeronautical, Aeronautical Engineer, Aerospace Maintainer, Aerospace maintenance manager, Base Maintenance Manager, Director of Operations, DOO, ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000, IAW TC03-04.7, ASAM, Department of Defense, Navy, Army, Marine Corps, Reserve, aircraft, T-1, T-6, T-38 aircraft, Air Force, AFI 21-101, AETC, DoD program, TS/SCI, LI-MN1, Management, Production, Flight line, Aircraft maintenance, Aviation maintenance, Quality Assurance, QA, Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Aircraft subsystem, Modification, Executive management, Aerospace, North Carolina, Flight, Aircraft maintenance, Air Education and Training Command, Ground Support, Duty Inspector