Aircraft Mechanic II
Aircraft Mechanic IILocation: Miami, FL Our client, AAR is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. Their aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions help customers increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining high levels of quality, service and safety. They#8217;re currently looking for a Mechanic II to join their team at their Miami location. SKILLS REQUIREDAble to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in standard English.Advanced mechanical aptitude.Able to comprehend and follow instructions.Able to interface in a professional and pleasant manner as required with other AAR Aircraft Services - Miami, employees at all levels and with customers as required. ESSENTIAL TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Identifies, removes and installs inspection access panels.
- Removes and replaces aircraft components.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e. IPC, M/M, OHM and SRM).
- Must be able to produce quality work with minimal rework.
- Must be able to perform basic tasks with no supervision.
- Must be able to perform intermediate/heavy maintenance tasks with little supervision.
- Must be able to document all work performed with little or no errors.
- Accomplishes routine servicing of engines and aircraft accessories with high levels of quality and a timely basis.
- Participates in jacking and leveling aircraft.Re-positions or moves aircraft by towing.
- Reads, understands and implements directions of appropriate maintenance manuals to identify and locate associated components on the aircraft.
- Accomplishes aircraft lubrications.
- Is able to identify the different structural composition of the aircraft (i.e. aluminum or composite).
- Removes and replaces filters and accomplishes leak checks.
- Services and repairs aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness, according to customer specifications, and FAA standards.
- Able to rig and adjust aircraft secondary systems.
- Accomplishes repairs on noted discrepancies effecting research in the manufacturer#8217;s manuals for appropriate repair procedures.
- Removes and installs engines from aircraft using mechanical assistance safely.
- Trains personnel assigned her/him as apprentices and ensures the trainees#8217; familiarity with policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Follows standards of behavior and appearance for all staff members.
- Asks questions as necessary to increase knowledge or skill.
- Maintains her/his work area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Records her/his time worked as directed by her/his supervisor.
- Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Complies with all AAR Aircraft Services - Miami policies and procedures which apply to her/him.
- Keeps her/himself informed of such policies and procedures and asks her/his supervisor for explanations of anything which s/he does not fully understand.
- Takes those prudent actions appropriate to the preservation of Company and/or customer assets, whether in monetary or other form.
- Attends work-related training as scheduled.
- Performs such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by her/his supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
- High school education or G.E.D. preferred.
- Minimum three years#8217; experience in aircraft maintenance on aircraft types consistent with the aircraft types worked on by AAR Aircraft Services - Miami
- May or may not have an A&P license.
- Must meet minimum requirements of a Mechanic Level I (known as Technician III, A/P in EV5 system)
- Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
- Able to climb on ladders and platforms and work at heights up to fifty feet from the ground.
- Able to work in extreme climatic conditions.
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, A318, A319, A320, A321, DC-9, MD-80, MD-90, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, B757, B717, B737, B757, B767, EMB 145, EMB 135, MD -11, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A&P mechanic, airframe mechanic, QA,QC, inspector, OEM, MRO