Aircraft Mechanic III - (Team Lead) (2,500 Sign on Bonus) - Kaneohe Bay Hawaii
$2,500 Sign on bonus Job Location: Kaneohe, HawaiiAircraft Mechanic III - (Team Lead) Our Client is a defense aerospace company that offers a global one-stop-shop solution for aftermarket aerospace services. They support, repair, and maintainaircraft and aircraft components to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and military standards throughout their 100 worldwide locations. They have over 4,200 employees and proudly employ over 1,900 veterans. They take pride in their ability to deliver rapid solutions while minimizing risk and fostering solid working relationships. They are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail-oriented. This position requires the individual to work in all weather conditions servicing, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
- Performs operational checks on lighting equipment, such as: navigation lights search and landing lights, anti-collision lights and replaces bulbs.
- May remove and install electrical connections that are foolproof.
- Removes and installs starter and main generators.
- Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines and component parts.
- Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
- Maintains aircraft fuel, oil and hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides, and forms used on the job.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, modifications, corrosion control and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil and pneudraulic systems.
- Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.Services ground support equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment.
- Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
- Must have proficiency in the use of OOMA.Effectively task and direct subordinate personnel through a daily assignment of tasks.
- Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure meeting of aircraft Turn-Around-Time (TAT)
- Maintain aircraft Phase Team Leader Stations and Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
- Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
- Effectively report the status of aircraft through written and verbal communication
- Responsible for complying with corporate and installation of physical security requirements.
- Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
- Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Removes, installs, or modifies aircraft components and engines on test stands and engine test cells as required and trained.
- Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
- Performs aircraft functional checks.
- Performs related record maintenance including completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications,Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers drawings, and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
- May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be skill qualified in a primary MOS from any of the following OccFlds: 59, Aviation C2 Electronics Maintenance; 60/61/62, Aircraft Maintenance; 63/64 Avionics
- Six (6) years' minimum experience as a Collateral Duty Inspector/Aircraft Mechanic on CH or MH53E.
- Must be knowledgeable of ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000 quality management systems requirements.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license when required by job assignment.
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
- Must be able to work with required materials without debilitating irritation to skin, eyes or respiratory system while wearing the required personal protective equipment.
- Work will be located in a hanger and you will need to adapt to the environment.
- Must be able to pick up a minimum of 50 lbs individually from the ground, vehicle or aircraft.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Aviation, Plane Mechanic, Aviation Mechanic, Maintenance Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Aeronautical,Aeronautical Engineer, Aerospace Maintainer, Aerospace maintenance manager, Director of Maintenance, DoM, Base Maintenance Manager, Director of Operations, DOO, Department of Defense, Navy, Army, Marine Corps, Reserve, aircraft, T-1, T-6, T-38 aircraft, Air Force, AFI 21-101, AETC, DoD program, TS/SCI, LI-MN1, Management, Production, Flight line, Cost Plus, Firm Fixed Price, Aircraft maintenance, Aviation maintenance, Quality Assurance, QA, Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities, Aircraft subsystem, Modification, Executive management, L3 Operations, Aerospace, Columbus AFB, Mississippi, Flight, Aircraft maintenance, EEO Tagline, Air Education and Training Command