Aircraft Technician (AP)
Job Status: Full TimeReports To: Maintenance Supervisor FSLA Status: Non-ExemptLocation: Billings, MontanaWork Schedule: Five 8-hour work days weekly; 7:00am #8211; 4:00pm. Occasionally, the work schedule may be adjusted to 4 10-hour days based on project types and schedules. Overtime may be required, including nights or weekends, to support delivery schedulesTravel Requirements: Occasional day and/or multi-day customer on-site support trips may by required. May be required to obtain a U.S. passport Position Summary Perform inspections, installation, maintenance, and repair of customer aircraft avionics and electrical systems and components in an airworthy manner and in compliance manufacturer's maintenance instructions and/or other approved data, applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR Parts 65, 145, etc.), customer requirements, and company policies and procedures. Additional duties include:
- Documenting all work performed daily and ensuring a smooth transition between work days/shifts;
- Accounting for all tools and equipment daily and prior to release of any aircraft or article;
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment and controlling foreign object debris (FOD) potential;
- Ensuring only approved parts, materials, and tools or equipment are used in the performance of duties;
- Ensuring all labor and materials are properly accounted for and are allocated to the job in an economical manner;
- Maintaining job proficiency by fully participating in the company training and continuous improvement programs;
- Confidentiality of company business, projects, and plans is required and discussion with third party personnel or organizations is prohibited;
- Performance of other duties as assigned and/or outlined by management.
Position QualificationsMust be a U.S. Citizen or provide written verifiable evidence of authorization to work in the United States. Education: High School diploma required. Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English. Valid U.S. state-issued driver's license is required. A current FAA Airframe Powerplant license is preferred but not required. Experience Skills: Must have a three years of demonstrated experience in repairing aircraft structures. Beechcraft 1900C, 1900D models and King Air experience preferred. Must be knowledgeable with FAR's and the use of technical manuals, drawings, and blueprints. The ability to efficiently complete projects on time with minimal rework and provide accurate progress updates to supervisor is required. Work Environment: The majority of each shift will be performed while standing or walking and includes reaching overhead, bending, and lifting. Must have the ability to work in all types of weather conditions. *Love where you work. Join the Skysource team in Beautiful Montana, adventure awaits! Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.