Airframe Structures/Sheet Metal Technician: 132748
Looking for dependable and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Airframe Mechanics for work in Kansas City, Missouri! Matching 401(k) and Insurance is offered on all positions. Apply today.. a recruiter will be in contact with you!
- Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
- Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
- Conduct operational tests.
- Help with general clean-up of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures
- Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify aircraft structure or interiors
- Complete specialized tasks, such as flap peening, cold working, etc.
- Fabricate repair parts using special shop tooling, such as brakes, stretchers, etc.
- Utilize special installation tools, such as blind rivet guns, etc.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
- Prefer either an Airframe and/or Powerplant License
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous MRO experience
- Read and interpret SRMs and engineering drawings
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental maintenance operations and practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- * Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
- * Proficiency in relevant specialty of aircraft.