Airline Maintenance Controller
POSITION PURPOSEOversees the quality and quantity of all line maintenance work performed by Company and on-call maintenance provider vendors.ESSENTIAL DUTIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establishes and oversees the completion of assignments by maintenance associates working on active aircraft at gate and hangar operations. Redirects work assignments as required.
- Authorizes the use of and supervises on-call maintenance provider vendors contracted to perform maintenance and return aircraft to service.
- Provides technical knowledge and logistical support to Maintenance and flight crews for active fleet maintenance discrepancies, Minimum Equipment List (MEL) issues, configuration deviation lists and res-schedules to determine proper and timely corrective action.
- Coordinates with Maintenance, flight dispatch, maintenance planning, materials, engineer and QA inspection, providing current and continuing follow-up to ensure positive corrective action is made as promptly as possible for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Oversees and coordinates aircraft ferry flights as needed. Assesses when aircraft charter services are needed to recover aircraft grounded at outstations and to relocate parts for aircraft requiring maintenance.
- Collects and provides information on all daily cancellations and delays resulting from maintenance or materials related problems to complete daily Flight Interruption Reports.
- Ensures MEL Deferred Item status is current and within time limits authorized by the MEL.
- Updates other controllers and Maintenance Control Coordinators on progress of work performed. Assists with completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with procedures in the GMM.
- Completes all department internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc. including performing maintenance computer system transactions as required.
- Provides coaching and on-the-job training as directed.
- Adheres to recurrent training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and at least one year related experience in Maintenance Control or similar area.
- Possess basic computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in Maintenance Control, as an A P mechanic or airline experience.
- An FCC license is preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and technical maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of associates of the organization. REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. DECISION MAKINGMakes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Able to sit for prolonged periods.Able to use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms at least 90 of the time. WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Able to work nights, evenings, weekends and holidays to support 24 hour operations.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Able to travel up to 10 of the time, including overnight travel.
See job description.