Team: Manufacturing OperationsLocation: DRS Pivotal Power, Halifax, NS LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry. DRS PIVOTAL POWER INC., Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group. What it’s like working at DRS Pivotal Power!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, and more!
Purpose: Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assembler will assemble to documentation sets and to company quality standards within a specific time frame. Work is normally performed under direct supervision in a production line / team environment. Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assembling, modifying, reworking and repairing electronic and electrical assemblies
- Works from documentation set including wiring and assembly drawings, work instructions, and engineering specs
- Repetitive electrical assembly and subassembly using hand tools, including powered, solder irons and wire crimpers
- Wire preparation, crimping and soldering lugs, basic wire connection
- Operates within standard operating procedures and to quality standards
- Performs other light assembly work as directed
- Manual Dexterity
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Must follow company safety policy
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Minimum High School certificate or equivalent
- 0-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of soldering an asset
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. DRSCanada