Aviation Maintenance Technician 135-Olney/Effingham, IL (AirLife)
As the leader in the air medical industry, Air Methods is seeking qualified, professional aviation maintenance technicians to partner with us to serve our communities. Together with the pilot and medical crew, Air Methods aviation maintenance technicians (AMTs) are an essential part of the team that ensures the aircraft is mission-ready. Our AMT's are required to be on call 24/7 during their appropriate shifts. However, the typical work schedule is very flexible and they are guaranteed pay for 40 hours a week. Don't miss out on this great opportunity in Olney, IL, which is one of the top 50 places to live in Illinois and located only 53 minutes away from Effingham! If you're interested in learning more about Olney, IL please visit the site below. http://www.ci.olney.il.us/ Job SummaryResponsible for performing maintenance, repairs, inspections, and alterations of Company operated aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with Air Methods' policies and procedures. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met, while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Upon installation or removal of any component or assembly, the Mechanic shall verify by physical inspection or markings on the part that the part number and serial number match the associated documentation
- Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company's Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures
- Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner
- Other Duties as assigned
- Responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Director, Director of Safety, Regional Maintenance Manager, or Lead Mechanic
- Performs maintenance on 145 shop's support equipment
- Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
- Responsible for validating or confirming the data in the Status Report concerning the aircraft he or she is working on including
- Request aviation parts and supplies in order to maintain an adequate and orderly inventory of all stock items to ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling:
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method's policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods' employment practices and policies Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 to 5 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Factory airframe/power plant schools preferred
- FAR 135 operations preferred
- Electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration-balancing
- Sheet metal and composite repair procedures
- Ability to read and understand various documents such as 337's, Service Bulletins, AD's, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7 on-call rotation
- Efficient in the use of electronic or paper based manuals and able to navigate through vendor data to find necessary information
- Ability to learn and utilize the Company's ERP system (Ramco)Strong communication skills
- Ability to apply creativity and problem solving skills in troubleshooting work
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- RAMCO experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- FAA A P License in good standing
- Inspection Authorization (IA) Preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).