Avionics Service Technician Lead - Nashville, TN
Job Location: Smyrna, TNStarting Salary: $24 - $32 based on experience Our client is the largest avionics service center in the MidSouth, is an award-winning FAA Authorized Repair Station that sells, installs, maintains and repairs avionicssystems for business jets, turboprops and piston engine airplanes of all ages. They offer a complete product line-up authorized by every major brand. This is a rare opportunity to join a dedicated team committed to the highest quality workmanship, integrity and customer satisfaction, and to join an established company withrenewed vigor and growth under new ownership. SUMMARY OF THE ROLEOur client has an immediate need for an Avionics Service Technician. The Avionics Service Technician Lead, under minimal supervision, tests, troubleshoots and repairsavionics equipment and electrical components. This includes troubleshooting of installations and systems and complete functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role, the Avionics Service Lead performs basic task such as using hand tools, soldering, wiring repair, and use of test equipment. This role reports to the Avionics Service Manager. This Avionics Service Lead will be experienced enough to work not only alone in a productive, self-driven way, but also act as part of a team with one or two other team members to help others develop and perfect their avionics service skills. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair avionics equipment and accessories, in aircraft and on the bench.
- Identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials.
- Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and manufacturers in a timely, effective way.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Assure repairs are done in accordance with procedures described in the company's FAA Repair Station Manuals well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution #8211; to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety, and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for aviation, learning, innovation, and achievement.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a self-directed way.
- Willingness to work alongside others in the team - as part of the team - and lead by exampleIdeally, ability to lead/mentor others in team to foster their professional and technical skills development.Integrity, trustworthiness, work ethic, good judgment, and dependability.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and presence.
- Customer service orientation, attitude, and demeanor.
- Computer usage expertise, including MSFT Office EBis line of business software (training provided for EBis).
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a drug test, as required by FAA, and pass criminal/background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Experience: Minimum of three years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion/repair shop.
- Preferred Experience: At least five years of successful avionics installation, repair or maintenance experience with deep knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Avidyne, Aspen Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands.
- Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.Preferred Education: College/university degree or two years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
- Preferred Credential: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Certificate by National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
- Preferred Credential: FAA Mechanic / Repairman's Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.
- Other Preferred Credential: FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with an Instrument Rating.
COMPENSATIONAt our client's company, each associate is a valued resource. They offer a stable yet exciting environment that has fostered a surprisingly long tenure for their team members. Contributing to this inviting workplace is a compelling overall compensation package that includes:
- Competitive wages with bonus potential.
- 401(k) retirement program with a generous company match.
- Group health insurance and Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Access to group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage.
- Reimbursement program for on-the-job tools.
- Discounts on their Avionics products and services for personal use.
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, A318, A319, A320, A321, DC-9, MD-80, MD-90, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, B757, B717, B737, B757, B767, EMB 145, EMB 135, MD -11, jet2, Cessna, Kind Airs, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, stores, flight attendant, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A P mechanic, airframe mechanic, OEM, MRO, Cessna 441, Cessna Conquest II, Cessna 414, Cessna Chancellor, Cessna 404, Cessna Titan, Cessna 402, Cessna Titan, Cessna 210, Cessna 172, Cessna 172RG, Cessna 152, Beech, Cessna, Cirrus, Mooney, Piper