Avionics Tech II (CH53)
DescriptionESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs aircraft maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, and modification of aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
- Possess a high degree of expertise of aircraft electrical/avionics systems. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals and publications, and special tools and test equipment. Must be familiar with operational capabilities and limitations of electrical/avionics systems. Possess a thorough working knowledge of the detection, prevention and treatment of corrosion.
- Essential Duties Accountabilities:
- Performs the troubleshooting and rewiring of complex avionics/electrical systems and subsystems discrepancies and modifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Extensive Deport level repair experience desired which includes the repair of components, airframes, or end items, requiring personnel of higher technical skill beyond the organizational level capability
- Must have 3.5 years' experience on CH/ME-53E aircraft.