Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals. JOB PURPOSETo perform functions assigned in the inspection, testing, adjusting, assembly, disassembly, repair, cleaning, and calibration of aircraft avionics equipment. WORKING CONDITIONSPhysical Demands:Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.Equipment Operated: Avionics testing equipment such as VOR/ILS tester, fuel quality tester, DME tester, pitot-static tester, volt-ohm meter, hi-lifts, stands, ladders.Work Location:Aircraft maintenance hangar, flightline, and Avionics Shop.Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, electrical charges and radar waves, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery. Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, testing, adjusting, and repairing of avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, auto pilot, and compass systems, installed in aircraft in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Accomplished maintenance actions are concisely and accurately recorded on repair station and/or customer provided approved documents.
- Inspects components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Tests avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents. Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management.
- Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data; ability to operate applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.Experience: One to three years experience in related aircraft avionics preferred.Certificates/Licenses:A or A P License and/or FCC License preferred. Valid driver's license required.Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate. Ascent Aviation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.