Avionics/Elec Tech I, Savannah, GA - LONG TERM - NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Currently seeking Avionics Technicians with 2 Years of Avionics Experience on Corporate Jets or 2 Years of Accredited Schooling in Aviation Electronics. (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
- Assists in troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
- Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality.
- Demonstrates basic technical skills in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Under supervision, performs the installation and functional testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Assists in ensuring quality and efficiency of all installations.
- Troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Acquires and demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Assists in set up and operation of necessary test equipment; conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes. Unique Skills: A P or military experience preferred. A P/FCC/NCATT Preferred. Must be willing to work any shift. Must be able to accomplish clean/close tasks as well as avionics test functions. Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED.
- Two (2) years related work experience; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.