Bench Mechanic-Grade 83-2nd Shift
Date Posted:2020-09-22-07:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USAJOB SUMMARY: Perform deburring, blending, polishing countersinking, grinding, drilling or grit blast operations using a variety of hand and power tools and equipment on surfaces and details of aerospace engine components. Perform a variety of assembly, sealing, surface treat and heat treat operations on stators or other aircraft engine parts. Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Select, prepare, drill, countersink, rivet and build complex assemblies for various stages and engine models.
- Perform Total Preventive Maintenance on applicable machines/equipment as required.
- Check parts to meet visual and dimensional requirements using various measuring equipment/tools including micrometers, verniers, height gages and other fixed gages. Assure completed parts meet quality requirements.
- Work from oral and written instructions to remove burrs, nicks and scratches on parts.
- Remove details, drill holes and prepare surface areas for new pins, rivets, shrouds or other details as applicable.
- May be required to perform a variety of heat treat operations.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of various measuring tools, such as height gages, verniers, calipers and micrometers is preferred
- Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions concerning work methods and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously