The CASS Analyst is responsible for the analysis of reliability data and other surveillance data in the most accurate and efficient manner. The Analyst identifies trends and highlights these trends to the CASS Committee and must be able to accurately conduct root cause analysis. This position requires an overall understanding of aviation operations and aircraft life cycle cost analysis. The Analyst is also responsible for performing CASS Audits as directed by the CASS Supervisor.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Analyze Reliability Data
- Retrieve Data from various databases
- Analyses and evaluates all forms of data used to measure component, system, and aircraft performance for safety and economic impact
- Produces and compiles various reports to analyze and evaluate data and report findings and trends to maintenance and engineering management
- Ensuring the global reliability methodology meets regulatory and business requirements
- Identify deficiencies in reliability
- Perform root cause analysis
Ensure accuracy of data within the data collection points
- Monitor data within database for accuracy
- Create reports of data discrepancies for use by CASS Committee to determine system/maintenance deficiencies
- Create and distribute monthly reports to management and the FAA
Track all CASS Projects to completion
- Update CASS database
- Ensure deadlines are kept and all projects are assigned to appropriate personnel
- Communicate with CASS Committee members about the status of projects
- Coordinates, prepares, and processes projects for investigation of root cause issues with aircraft defects
- Request and monitor component strip reports
Ensure CASS objectives are met
- Prepare minutes and reports for monthly CASS and FAA meetings
- Builds electronic presentations that include graphs, photographic supporting documentation, and vendor supplied data
- Prepares and presents overview of statistical data, as well as, performance and analysis of trends and findings
- Acts as the primary point of contact to develop and produce the monthly reliability report for review
- Prepare correspondence to various personnel including management
- Make recommendations based on Audit activity
Support Fleet Specialists
- Gather data for Fleet Specialists to aid them in releasing appropriate Technical Directives to maintenance personnel
- Provides technical analysis through the evaluation of aircraft maintenance data to support maintenance task optimization
- Support Fleet Specialists with data collation for the purpose of technical resolution research.
- College degree required.
- Airframe Powerplant License or Aviation Degree Preferred
- Must have 3+ years related experience in reliability systems, technical documentation (read, write and analyse), and FAA regulatory requirements
- 3+ related experience in a similar role required.
- Understanding of CASS objectives preferred
- Risk Analysis training a plus
- Familiarity with SMS required
- High attention to detail/Accuracy/Intermediate level IT skills Word/Excel/Access
- Initiative/ability to learn quickly
- Task oriented/Self motivated
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data
- Adopts a proactive approach to managing work, capable of developing robust procedures.
- Excellent motivational skills.
- Understands the need for integrity.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, summarize, and present information clearly to audiences with different backgrounds and at different levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a large team.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to analyse problems and use problem solving ability to ensure solutions are determined.
- Approachable to both internal and external staff members.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to interface well with leadership, management and internal and external clients in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to weigh alternatives, considering both short- and long-term effects and then being resolute in the decisions they make.
- Highly collaborative, works with all stakeholders to deliver results and keep others informed.
- Ability to manage priorities and focus on the key issues
- Ability to promote tolerance and inclusion among diverse groups and recognition of multiple views.
- Domestic and International travel up to 20%