Talentscale is actively seeking Composite Technicians with 1 year experience for a contract to hire opportunity in Gulfport, MS. Composite Technicians are responsible for fabrication of commercial and military composite parts for land, sea and air platforms. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform dry layups of fiberglass cloth using tools and molds.
- Prepare layups for vacuum resin infusion.
- Accurately measure materials and parts.
- Read, interpret, and apply technical instructions.
- Move and set up materials, equipment, and supplies to and from work area to include resin pails, cloth rolls, cloth racks, molds, etc.
- Part finishing to include hand sanding, sand-blasting, milling, and routing.
- Clean work area, parts, tools and equipment after each job.
- Assist in other production processes as needed to include loading/unloading of trucks, related carpentry work, hand working of parts, etc.
High School Diploma or GEDMUST have a minimum of 6 months experience in composite manufacturing, ideally in a prototype or R&D environment. Understanding/prior experience with infusion process.Able to effectively use measurement tools, hand tools, power tools, and production equipment.