Electrical Assembler- QUICK FEEDBACK AND GREAT PAY!!!!
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an Assembler, in North Charleston, SC.Summary:
- Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. to Install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of wire provisions, wire bundles and harnesses, power feeders, signal data lines, and fiber optic harnesses requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Install cables and wire bundles when similar in complexity and incidental but necessary to the expeditious accomplishment of work assignment.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead.
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension.
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms.
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests.
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material.
- Obtain maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities.
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation.
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs.
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs).
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces.
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces.
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surface.
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands.
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls.
- Occasional contact with metals.
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions.
- Frequent exposure to noise Candidates must be able to be moved as needed to the evening, afternoon, or morning shifts if necessary for the business need.
- Flexible alternate schedule: - Candidates will be required to be available to work Mon - Sun with flexible hours based upon the factory.
- On assigned days, candidates may be assigned to work up to 12 hours per day; hours will be determined based upon business needs.
- Candidates will be assigned to work up to 40 hours per week; hours will be determined based upon business needs.
- High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.