Electron Beam Welder
Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade SkillsSpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.ELECTRON BEAM WELDER (MERLIN SUB-ASSEMBLY)RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of CNC-controlled electron-beam (EB) welding machines including part set-up.
- Development, maintenance and evaluation of weld schedules.
- General machine maintenance and test.
- EB welding on several types of metal including titanium, stainless steel, copper, C103, and inconel.
a or GED.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Both high- and low-voltage machine experience.
- Experience with both manual and robotic welding applications.
- TIG welding experience.
- Knowledge of AWS D17.1 desired.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and be agile enough to physically set-up and tear down components
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.