Experienced Electronic Technician
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.The Boeing Germantown/DRT team is seeking an Electronic Technician to support the manufacturing, test, and troubleshooting of software defined radio systems. This position will require the technician to be able to work well in a team environment, be detail oriented, and have experience in the testing and troubleshooting of software defined radio systems. The successful candidate will be familiar with RF test equipment and Microsoft Office applications. This position is located in Germantown MD.Primary Responsibilities:
- Testing and troubleshooting software defined radio systems.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and managing the flow of software defined radio modules.
- Plans, conducts and documents tests on products, systems, components, materials, and manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Designs, fabricates, builds and analyzes test systems, materials, components, software and methodologies.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Ability to test software defined radio systems
- Minimum of 1 year working on electronic and RF hardware
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot software defined radio systems to the component level
Typical Education Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years related work experience, 5 years related work experience, etc.).Relocation:This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.