Fixed Wing Pilot In Command (DHC-8) - Washington, DC
Our client is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. Their customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration#8217;s Award for Excellence. They#8217;re experiencing continued success and growth expanding operations into new markets. PURPOSE:Serve as Pilot in Command on assigned aircraft (predominantly DHC-8) for a DOD contract in Bagram, providing passenger/cargo transport as well as causality evacuation and aerial delivery support of the government client in an austere environment. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of each flight as assigned. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan flights as assigned and obtains information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions
- Ensure proper preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids
- Ensure all flights are released in accordance with FAR 135 guidelines and all of the necessary documentation is aboard the aircraft for legal and safe completion of each flight
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable)
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection and performs preflight preparation to include a risk assessment for each flight conducted.
- Complete each flight as assigned by the company/customer, strictly adhering to schedules, routes of flight and load manifests.
- Ensure that all crew members are practicing CRM and are fully briefed on the particulars for each flight and any changes to original flight plans, passenger or cargo loads or condition of the aircraft and/or operating environment.
- Communicate routinely with on site management personnel on any issues with regard to safety of flight, maintenance of aircraft, life support, customer concerns or personnel issues.
- Have at least one year of experience as a FAR part 135 pilot of an aircraft.
- Have at least one year of Government contracting experience in an OCONUS austere environments/location
- Required: High School diploma
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree
Unique skills or certifications:
- Airline Transport pilot certificate with appropriate category and class rating, and appropriate type rating for the aircraft being operated
- First class medical certificate
- 3,000 hours total time.
- 1,200 multi-engine turbine-time.
- 2,000 PIC time. 500 PIC multi-engine
- Experience in aerial delivery training
- Preferred: Experience in NVG operations
- Minimum: Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security clearance at the Secret level (U.S. citizenship required)
- Preferred: Holds a current and active U.S. Security clearance at the Secret level (U.S. citizenship required).
Physical requirements of the job: Be able to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs Perform aircraft pilotingDuties for up to 10 hours a dayBe exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions while working outside including but not limited to extreme heat, cold and adverse weather conditions. This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Aviation, flying , Fitter, Pilot, rotary, helicopter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, captain pilot, sheet metal worker, engineer, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, aw139, aircraft technician, flight attendant, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A&P mechanic, flight dispatcher, OEM,MRO, crew, FAR 141, Part 145, EASA, Part 91, part 135, safety, A318, A319, A320, A321, DC-9, MD-80, MD-90, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, B757, B717, B737,B757, B767, EMB 145, EMB 135, MD -11, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer