General Aviation AP/IA Mechanic
West Gate Aircraft Maintenance maintains Piper Warriors, Cessna L-19's / 206 / 185, Cubs, Decathlon and other single engine piston aircraft operating out of a 10,000 square foot hangar at Ferguson Airport, Pensacola, FL. The company also provides outside maintenance to various types of single and multi-engine piston aircraft including helicopters. We are looking for an experienced A P/IA Mechanic to run the maintenance shop, who can perform day-to-day maintenance activities servicing flight school owned and customer aircraft.
- Candidates must have experience in aviation maintenance operations and thorough knowledge of FAA regulations with regards to maintenance.
- Perform scheduled inspections (100 hour and annual)Perform efficient troubleshooting, aircraft maintenance, and repair in accordance with technical manuals, operating procedures, corporate policies, all regulations and manufacturer's instructions
- Knowledge and experience in all levels of maintenance, sheet metal, tube fabric work, welding, paint and engine overhaul.
- Produce and submit regulatory and company required documentation, ensuring consistent and accurate aircraft maintenance records and company documentation policies.
- Maintain overall clean, organized, and professional workspace and hangar.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be computer literate and learn to utilize Quantum MX
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate
- Inspection Authorization Preferred.
- Minimum 5-years experience with General Aviation aircraft required.
- Tube and fabric aircraft, sheet metal, welding, paint, avionics and engine overhaul experience preferred.
- Ability to work from Ferguson Airport 4-5 days per week
- Compensation reflective of experience