GMD Entry Level Repair / Modification Technician - Aerospace
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Entry Level Product Repair/Mod Tech to support the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Program. This position is located at Fort Greely, AK (~100 miles southeast of Fairbanks). This is your ground floor opportunity to be on the acclaimed GMD team maintaining weapons systems supporting the defense of the nation. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assists with disassembly of systems components to support the correction of failures or implement changes.
- Assists with basic troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications.
- Assists with tasks associated with the safe handling of a simple aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
- Works under supervision.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (An interim U.S. Secret Pre-Start and final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required)BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Must be able to operate a Forklift, Bobcat, Bucket Loader, and other associated equipment
- Must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Over time, on-call rotation, and call backs to support work requests will be required after normal working hours, on holidays, and weekends.
- Travel may be required, and is a condition of employment.
- Must be able to work variable shifts.
- Must be able to travel domestically.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience working with ordnance/rocket motors is highly desirable.
- This position is subject to being scheduled for various work shifts and baseline work schedules as required.
- The work shift and baseline work schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Required to support Boeing Team at other locations and be available for off-site training.
- Applicant must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).
RELOCATIONThis position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.