GMD Experienced Product Repair / Mod Tech
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. Seeking an Experienced Product Repair/Mod Tech to support the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Program. This position is located at Fort Greely, AK (~100 miles southeast of Fairbanks)RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Oversees training. Works under general direction.
- Task training in Huntsville, AL will be required, which includes company paid travel.
- This position is subject to being scheduled for various work shifts and baseline work schedules as required.
- The work shift and baseline work schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- Over time, on-call rotation, and call backs to support work requests will be required after normal working hours, on holidays, and weekends.
- Required to support Boeing Team at other locations and be available for off-site training.
SECURITY CLEARANCE:This position requires an active US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US CitizenshipBASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 3 years maintenance with electrical and/or mechanical systems
- Must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads approximately 35 pounds.
- Travel may be required, and is a condition of employment.
- Must be able to work variable shifts, including day, evening, nights weekends
- Must be able to operate a Forklift, Bobcat, Bucket Loader, and other associated equipment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 3 years GMD experience is preferred
- Experience working with ordnance/rocket motors is highly desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a class A commercial drivers license (CDL) with Haz-Mat
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).RELOCATIONThis position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development..