Helicopter Maintenance Manager
Our client, MAG #8211; Mecaer Aviation Group #8211; is a leading international provider of solutions for Aircraft Actuation & Flight Control Systems, Landing Systems, Cabin Comfort Systems and Aircraft Services in the Helicopter, Business Aviation and General Aviation markets. They are seeking a talented aviation maintenance professional that can lead and grow a team of like-minded aviation maintainers now and into the future. They value safety,customer service, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence as the core values of their maintenance organization. They#8217;re looking for a responsible, motivated, leader to both operate and grow their Maintenance Department as a profitable semi-independent business unit of the company. As the Director of Maintenance (DOM), you#8217;ll provide leadership, plan, direct and coordinate activities of the maintenance organization for the repair and overall maintenance of aircraft, engines and components. The Director of Maintenance position is the central focal point for maintaining inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the repair station in complying with all applicable manufacturer#8217;s specifications, recommendations and FARs. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to promote and ensure that safety, quality, customer service, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence are the core values of the maintenance organization.
- Analyze and arrive at the root causes of operational issues, and implement problem-solving solutions.
- Oversee the scheduling of repairs and maintenance of aircraft, power plants, flight systems, parts and assemblies for repair and/or overhaul.
- Oversee the development of all budgets, forecasts, projections, and reports related to maintenance operations needed to meet performance goals.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide staffing recommendations, recruit and hire high performing aircraft maintainers to meet company operational goals.
- Plans and aids in the preparation of maintenance or repair estimates, and determines personnel required.
- Confers with customers regarding scope of work, maintenance required and obtain approvals on change orders.
- Responsible for ensuring that certifying documentation repair and maintenance work conforms to approved technical data, repair station procedures and company quality control standards.
- Ensure that all shop equipment and tools are in serviceable and working condition and that adequate housekeeping practices are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies, procedures and mandates and with all relevant Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Monitor and update aircraft schedules to ensure timely delivery of aircraft.
- Coordinate material requirements with Parts Department, ensuring all bill of materials have been issued and all parts ordered for completion of the aircraft.
- Be proactive when working with customers and fellow employees to eliminate problems and solve situations before they have a chance to develop.
- Maintain current and cultivate new customer and business relationships
SUCCESS INDICATORS The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following:
- Leadership and management
- Strategic planning
- Time and performance management
- Strong customer service and interaction skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Positive communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment;
- Ability to interact with all levels of company personnel
- Strong team player
- Professional aptitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS, SKILL SETS
- Current FAA Aircraft and Powerplant (A&P) certificate.
- Current Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred.
- 5-10 years#8217; aviation experience including two years#8217; in a management/lead role and a minimum of 3 years#8217; experience on rotor wing aircraft
- Knowledge of FAA Part-145 repair station regulations is required
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with AS9110 certification
- Familiarity with ERP systems (i.e., BaaN, Infor, SAP, RAMCO or similar) preferred.
- An advanced understanding of helicopter aircraft systems and be able to lead, assist, and train junior personnel in the maintenance and repair of customer rotor wing aircraft.
- Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek a leader who inspires, enables, and encourages others to succeed in their jobs and the organization overall.
- Bachelor#8217;s Degree in Aviation Discipline preferred.
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, rotorcraft, rotor wing, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, DOM, maintenance manager, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A&P mechanic, airframe mechanic, OEM, MRO, quality, QA, QC, chief inspector, quality control, quality assurance, Rotary, Helicopter, Pilot, FAA, AS350, S92 GWE, AW189, AW139, S76C++, Bell 212, EC135P2+E, A109e, BO105, A119, AW119 MKII, Captain, 14-14, 5&2, First Officer, F/O, ATR, Safety, DOS, Director, Co-pilot, jet2, management