Inspection Supervisor (Relocation to Alaska)
This announcement is for an Inspection Supervisor with RavnAir Group. This position reports to the Inspection Manager for RavnAir Alaska and is responsible for supervising all maintenance checks and Required Inspection Items (RII). The successful candidate will have a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A P) Certificate, at least three years of experience as an aircraft mechanic, and excellent communication skills.This is a non-exempt, full time, benefits-eligible position. Position typically works an irregular schedule in Anchorage, to include evenings, weekends, and holidays, if necessary. Duties Responsibilities
- Responsible for accomplishing all work in accordance with the company maintenance publications and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR's);
- Works under the supervision of the Inspection Manager;
- Directs and assist RII Inspectors in performance of their duties;
- Monitors aircraft inspections and repairs ensuring use of FAA-approved parts and data;
- Must be able to travel and accomplish inspections and technical support for heavy check aircraft;
- Audits all aircraft work packages and records;
- Performs incoming parts/materials receiving inspections;
- Assists Maintenance/Inspection Department in making airworthiness determinations;
- Monitors maintenance operations for safe work practices;
- Makes recommendations for quality assurance and safety improvements.
- Responsible for promoting identification and reporting of safety hazards in the work environment or when confronted with an unsafe situation;
- Promotes a positive Safety Culture with co-workers and supports the organization in compliance with Safety Management System (SMS);
- Other duties as assigned and within the scope of this position.
RavnAir Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with RavnAir Group depends solely on your qualifications.
- High School Diploma/GED required;
- Requires a valid FAA A P Certificate for three (3) or more years;
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in maintenance/inspection activities, and meet the experience requirements as specified in in FAR Part 65.83;
- Must be knowledgeable, or able to become knowledgeable in the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Company General Maintenance (CGM) manual, manufacturer's maintenance/service manuals, and the appropriate parts of the Company's Operations Specifications;
- Avionics training is preferred but not required;Requires excellent record-keeping skills;
- Able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays as needed;Must be able to travel out of town on company business for several weeks at a time, including travel to Canada;
- Must have own hand tools or be willing to purchase those necessary to perform job;Current Alaska Driver's License;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly;
- Willing to work outdoors, all seasons when necessary;
- Able to bend, twist and stoop to perform job;
- Requires a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
- Able to pass a comprehensive background check;
- Comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.