PDS is seeking a Inspector for an open position in Kinston, NCJob Description:
- Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds.
- Uses various measuring devices
- Accepts or rejects defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
- Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
- The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
- Working from drawings/CATIA, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, software programs and test procedures, perform any inspection of parts and assemblies including processes and materials.
- Dimensionally inspect parts or assemblies.
- Initiate and document any non-conforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes and procedures.
- Inspect vendor, subcontractor or company parts and assemblies.
- Follows a pre-determined sequence of own work.
- Prepare and maintain Quality records.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by cross training and assisting other employees including cross-training in the Assembly Technician function or functions supported.
- In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by leadership.
- Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
- Must be available to work any shift
- Standard M-F, but could work OT and weekends
- Must be familiar with Aviation Manufacturing practices
- Must be comfortable using measurement tools and reviewing Re-Drawings.
- Positions will be in Assembly and FAI. Prefers candidates with experience in both arenas