Lead Structures Technician / OJT Trainer
SUMMARYThis role requires highly skilled and experienced Structures Lead capable of hands-on training and mentoring junior Structures in addition to executingthe roles and duties of STRUCTURES Lead on the production floor. The position offers a highly competitive hourly rate of $33.00/hour, sign-on bonus up to $10,000 based upon experience, and annual incentive pay up to $25,000 based upon performance. As an AAR employee, you will be entitled to a generous benefits package including but not limited to health coverage, basic life and ad d, short-term long-term disability, 401(k) plan with a company match, paid time off, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Perform all aspects of maintenance on all the various aircraft systems. Able to use FAA approved data (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM, AMM, FIM, WDM and Repair Station Quality Manual) proficiently. Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards. Effectively direct and oversee all work performed by apprentice level technicians. Ensure that all training records are documented in AAR's training management system. Provide status tracking reports on each assigned apprentice technician weekly and monthly summary reports. Provide step level progression updates monthly to the VP Workforce Development required by Department of Labor (RAPIDS) to maintain compliance with AAR's National Apprenticeship Program. Maintain activity report for all veterans assigned as apprentices. Provide monthly activity report to VP Workforce Development. Ensure all requirements are met for housing stipend for those participating in National Apprenticeship Program. Requirements are defined by the Department of Veteran Affairs. All other duties as assigned. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Do it Right: Safety Focus, Quality Orientation, Earning Trust.
- Embrace Growth: Continuous Learning, Leveraging Feedback.
- People Awareness: Communication, Valuing Differences, Managing Relationships.
- Analytical skills: Must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
- Business Mindset: Acumen - Business, Managing Work, Adaptability.
- Creativity: Makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems. Must maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Organization: Very detail oriented and always comes prepared. Strong customer orientation. Strong judgment and decision making.
- Teamwork: Works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions/procedures, and works well with others.
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Must have a minimum of 5-year related aircraft maintenance experience and a minimum of 2 years conducting training either classroom or OJT. A License, preferred. Computer experience using Word, Power Point and Excel. Previous experience in warehousing, handling inventory, and bar code equipment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is an aircraft hangar setting that can be hot, cold, humid, and noisy.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional aircraft hangar environment.
- This position will also meet with their assigned apprentices in a classroom training session as well as an office setting to complete required paperwork and tracking of training records.