Machine Maintenance Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Self-sufficient, independent, all-round technician performing preventive and emergent maintenance and troubleshooting on various equipment. A systematic problem solver that understands a high-volume manufacturing environment and keeps the equipment running in optimal condition.
- Troubleshoot and repair the following: air ride suspension and brake systems, lighting, wiring, gas powered pony motors and generators, fluid hydraulic systems on shipping fixtures
- Engage in preventive maintenance on various mechanical, control, hydraulic, fluid and electrical systems
- Troubleshoot various mechanical, control, hydraulic, fluid and electrical systems down to the component level
- Adhere to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) Biennial Inspection of Terminals (BIT) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation
- Perform CHP and DOT required 90-day inspections, as well as annual inspections
- Document all work and repairs by creating and updating maintenance tickets and work orders
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of professional experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical, mechanical, fluid, and/or control systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading a team or managing a maintenance program, shop, etc.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while maintaining a high sense of urgency in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs and flexibility required regarding frequent overtime
- Ability to support flight hardware road transport as needed
- Familiar with Lean or Six Sigma tools
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.