ABOUT ZIPLINEDo you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE Are you experienced at building and managing high performing teams but still enjoy getting your hands dirty when needed? Are you energized by the prospect of building and growing a commercial maintenance operation in the emerging UAS industry? Do you have the flexibility and judgement to overcome unique challenges in a start-up environment while ensuring the highest levels of safety and compliance are achieved? If this sounds like fun, then read on!We are looking for a thoughtful leader who can hire, coach and support the maintenance team at one of Zipline's newest sites. This leader must ensure the team operates in a manner that aligns with Zipline procedures and is compliant with FAA regulations. This role will work with the broader organization to ensure the team has the training, tools, materials, facilities, and procedures to conduct maintenance in a safe and efficient manner. You will utilize your expertise to continually improve the safety, operational excellence and efficiency of Zipline's maintenance program.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will ensure the highest level of safety and operational excellence in ensuring the operations at the site remain up to date with the procedures and regulatory advances.
- You hire and develop a team of highly motivated UAS maintenance technicians.
- You are responsible for supervision of UAS maintenance technicians at the site.
- You will ensure the facilities, materials, and tools used for maintenance are in good order and adequate to allow the team to conduct their work in a safe and effective manner.
- You are responsible for record keeping at the site.
- You are responsible for collaborating with the Director of Maintenance and the CASS Committee to implement changes in the interest of ensuring the highest levels of safety in Zipline operations.
- You analyze the performance of the maintenance operation and take proactive steps to ensure the team is working in a safe, effective, and scalable manner.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- You have an eye for detail and hold yourself and your teams to high standards while earning trust and respect.
- You enjoy hiring and developing high performance teams.
- You communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
- You enjoy building and maintaining strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders, to include civil aviation authorities.
- You have the proven ability to learn quickly; including success working with complex systems that require understanding of deployed hardware and software.
- You have the mental agility, grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in a novel, uncertain, and evolving business and regulatory environment.
- You have experience working in a supervisory capacity at a Part 121 or Part 135 air carrier overseeing maintenance operations.
- Prior experience with commercial UAS regulation, operations and technologies.
- You are proficient with common business applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Web Browsers).
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Must be able to relocate to Bentonville, AR region.
- Must be able to pass a background and pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing after initial employment.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!