Maintenance Utility Employee 1- Dept 271
How youll help us Keep Climbing (overview key responsibilities)As a Maintenance Utility employee, you will utilize steam, detergents, acids, chemicals, blast media, and automated equipment to completely clean and prepare engine, apu, and landing gear parts for NDT inspections and in processing cleaning. In this role, you will be required to learn all processes and functions within the shop and be willing to help out with other functions when necessary. Employees may be subject to changing and/or rotating shifts as needed to support the maintenance operation. This position requires inside as well as outside work depending on the task. Additionally, successful candidates:
- Must practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Should be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have the ability to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)middot; Formal mechanical/technical training or background is preferred