Manager III Mechanical Engineer x2013; Electronic Packaging and IPTL experience
The Secure Sensor Solutions RF Mechanical Design Department is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Section Manager.This Front-Line Leader (FLL) position is responsible for leading a highly motivated group of 10-15 Mechanical Engineers working on a variety of development and sustainment tasks and products. The FLL is responsible for all managerial aspects of the section including: providing adequate staffing/skill-sets for programs and proposals, staff performance and career development training, support to tool/process development deployment, administration of performance appraisals, merit increases and providing open and honest feedback to section personnel.The FLL shall be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to lead by example, possessing strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and maintain positive relationships satisfaction with Programs leadership (Engineering and Program Management). The FLL will be responsible and accountable for the work products produced within the section and ensure his team demonstrates the same accountability. Responsibility for the Quality, Timeliness, Completeness and Efficiency (QTCE) of these work products and monitoring/improving QTCE through metrics and process improvements is also required. As such, the FLL will be directly engaged on Programs at various levels according to the participation level and experience of his/her direct reports.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience
- Hands on experience with mechanical design, development, documentation, fabrication, assembly and test/delivery of military electronic products
- Broad based hardware engineering background.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Multi-tasking Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- 5 + years’ experience in Task Management or other Lead role on Large Development jobs
- Experience as an IPT or CPT Lead
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Antenna Mechanical Design Experience
- Possess an active security clearance
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalentDesired Education: Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent171942
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.