Boeing Defence UK is currently recruiting Avionic Technicians for their operations based out of MoD Boscombe Down.The person chosen to fill this position will form part of an MRO modification, servicing and repair team. This person must have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent, and be proficient in the interpretation of engineering drawings, workbook instructions, and technical manuals. Must be knowledgeable in aspects of Ch47 aircraft maintenance, modification and repair to include skill and experience in both structural and mechanical system disciplines. Candidates must have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health safety COSHH. Successful candidates will conduct the assembly, disassembly, and modification or repair of Ch47 aircraft primary structures and complex aircraft systems to include; hydraulics, flight controls, and propulsion. They will also perform maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and disturbed system functional tests. This may be at multiple locations. They will work with their peers to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance and flight servicing. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction. Responsibilities:
- Performs the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by conducting the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Conducts assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Proficient in troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic and associated electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Validates and verifies testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Can work with their peers to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking towing system operations).
- Able to provide mentoring to peers and others. Works under minimal direction.
Yes, 10 of the Time
BDS Global Operations
United Kingdom; Boeing Defence UK Limited