NDT Tech II- Tulsa, OK- Fast Feedback
Position Purpose:In a team oriented environment, performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies and installations are built to type design data. Essential Functions:1. Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) and determines product acceptability to the authorized limits of the NDT level obtained in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures.2. Records, organizes and evaluates test results and enter results into applicable documents.3. Ensures compliance to all radiation safety rules and regulations and provides protection to self and others during testing.4. Maintains equipment and assures calibration for tests to be performed.5. Maintains inventory control of area equipment. Additional Functions: 1. Works with and assists other NDT Technicians as required.2. Coordinates NDT inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.3. Provides technical assistance to subordinate level NDT technicians.4. Performs process control on area inspection equipment.6. Performs exposure room interlock safety checks, establishes radiation safety barriers, zeros pocket dosimeters, operates radiation survey meters and completes applicable survey logs and forms. 7. Performs automated ultrasonic C-scan inspection of composite parts.8. Must be available to work any shift. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years related technical experience required.
- 1 year NDT experience on determining product acceptability required.
- Proficiency in blueprint reading/interpretation and shop mathematics required.
- MAUS-V, Phase Array, automated C-scan operation experience preferred. NDT Level II Certification in two (2) disciplines required.
- Documentation is required. to meet the training and experience hours. NDT Level II minimum requirements in one (1) discipline required.
- Documentation is required. to meet the training and experience hours. ASQ certificate (American Society for Quality) preferred.
Other Requirements: 1. Method Level II Formal Training Hours for CertificationPT 32, MT 32, ET 80, UT 80, and RT (Film or non-film) 80Method Level II Experience Hours for CertificationPT 400, MT 530, ET 800, UT 800, and RT (Film or non-film) 800Method Level II Formal Training Hours Minimum Requirements PT 16, MT 24, ET 50, UT 70, and RT (Film or non-film) 70Method Level II Experience Hours Minimum RequirementsPT 300, MT 430, ET 700, UT 700, and RT (Film or non-film) 700.