P-8 Avionics Technician Level C
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.Seeking an Avionics Technician Level C to support the P8A Site Activation Support Team at NAS Jacksonville, FL. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aircraft components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Conducts troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic, engine, and structural components and systems.
- Ensures validation/verification of testing systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications, and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of an aircraft.
- Provides Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) certification to government personnel.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Applies professional technical expertise to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufacturers manuals.
- Performs all maintenance action IAW CNAFINST 4790.2 series processes and procedures.
- Identifies material and special tools needs to accomplish daily work assignment.
- May be required to support detachments away from Main Operating Base (MOB).
- At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Minimum 5 years avionics experience.
- Capable of traveling short notice domestically and internationally.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts
- Capable of completing temporary assignments to Whidbey Island, Washington for up to 8 week’s duration.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- 4 years or more experience supporting a 737 and 4790 maintenance organization.
- Experience working with U. S. Navy Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS).
- Experience supporting a maintenance organization.
- High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.All information provided will be checked and may be verified.Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.