Position Summary: The aircraft painter is proficient in the safe operation of paint/primer mixing chemicals and solvents Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proficient in spraying techniques and customizing chemical formulas to overcome environmental challenges and various substrates and environmental conditions
- Performs duties in compliance with regulations, including FAA, OSHA and EPA.
- Create complete paint prep work including chemical stripping and sanding on various forms of substrates (aluminum, composite, steel, stainless steel, etc).
- Proficient in tape masking of product and occasionally the use of body filler products and sanding techniques.
- Complete aircraft paint detailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Five years background in aviation painting operations
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a team player with flexibility for different roles and shifts as needed
- Strive for highest of quality work and efficiency
- Ability to work at offsite locations
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language
- Physical fitness and ability to work with respirator, climbing ladders and lift 60 pounds