Part 135 AP Mechanic with IA
Owyhee Air Research is a Nampa, ID based part 135 operator servicing state and federal contracts with the surveillance of natural resources. We are seeking an experienced Airframe Powerplant technician with an inspection authorization or an experienced A P with the ability to earn an inspection authorization within 6 months of hire. Qualified candidates should be team and goal oriented with 3+ years of IA, repair station inspector (part 145), or similar experience.Performs: varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system work, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanical application; general mechanical functions on aircraft and related systems; removal and installation of panels and components; repair work and sheet metal repair or installation; troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft; and the inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components.Job duties will vary each day, working independently and on projects as assigned. These duties will be but are not limited to the following.
- Perform major alterations on part 135 aircraft
- Accomplish annual and 100 hr inspections
- Maintain hangar and workspace for efficient and timely maintenance on aircraft and related surveillance sensors
- Perform configuration changes on part 135 aircraft to support mission needs
- Manage maintenance tracking information to be published for operation's awareness
- Manage maintenance documents in the form of maintenance manuals, bulletins, and AD records
- Mentor apprentice technicians with respect to aircraft maintenance procedures
- Purchase parts and services in support of aircraft modification and repair
- Provide On-Call support for emergency maintenance issues
- Travel to off-site locations for emergency repair/recovery of aircraft
the ability to follow all FAA and OEM specifications, while ensuring compliance with operation specifications manual and safety policies; a complete understanding of the code of federal regulations for aviation; an A P certificate, an inspection authorization (IA); interpersonal skills, working as a team and the ability to communicate effectively; and passing a pre-employment drug screen. An offer of employment will be contingent on successfully completing a background check and pre-employment drug test.