Quality Assurance Auditor
1. Performs daily audit/surveillance of the different aircraft projects in the facility and scheduled facility internal audits and document the non-conformities on Corrective Action Reports
2. Assist those responsible for non-conformity in the determination of the root cause and action required for corrective and preventive action
3. Performs follow-up surveillance to determine the effectiveness of the CAR corrective and preventive actions
4. Evaluate STASA procedures and practices for conformance to customer and regulatory agency requirements
5. Assist Training, Production and Quality management in the education of personnel working within STASA and customer program requirements.
6. Maintain a Quality perspective in the production areas to encourage good maintenance and safety practices.
7. Interface with STASA management and customer representatives, both verbally and in writing, as necessary to facilitate program and quality system improvements.
8. Facilitates external audits conducted by customers or airworthiness authorities
9. Conducts investigation reports related to A/C incidents, damages, workmanship issues and other quality-related matters
10. Perform other functions as directed by the Manager Quality Assurance.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate the following skills/abilities:
1. A clear understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations, a Part 121 Operator's GMM and STASA policies procedures
2. The ability to write technical reports and communicate with external parties (customers, auditors, regulatory authorities) and different departments within the company. Reports shall be written and presented using MS Office software.
3. Possesses analytical, process-based mindset and be able to work independently under pressure