Raytheon Intelligence Space (RIS) has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector position at our Ft. Bliss, TX location. The roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:The effective candidate will work in accordance to planning sheets, blueprints, quality control specifications, oral and written instruction, and contractual requirements
- Inspects for final acceptance, all types and series of electronic hardware to determine that rework, modifications, and/or repairs conform to contractual/drawing requirements
- Perform outbound product inspections to ensure product meets customer specifications. Inspections include verification and validation of product, packaging, labelling and shipping documentation
- Support a cross-functional team
- Cultivate compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) processes and procedures
- Apply knowledge of industry level Quality Assurance (QA) practices to improve performance.
- Report nonconformance findings to responsible function(s)
- Prepares reports and maintains records as required.
- Meets necessary certifications as required
- Demonstrate a track record of performing quality assurance inspections with minimal oversight
- Performs any other Quality Control Inspection related tasks or special projects as assigned.
U.S. Citizenship required as the candidate must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
- Minimum (6) years of quality assurance inspection experience, or equivalent.
- Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of operations personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics – Electrical and Mechanical
- Must be able to perform configuration verification of all levels of assemblies/hardware.
- Must know how to verify that all operations have been completely performed and accepted, including but not limited to acceptance testing.
- Ability to use and read calibrated inspection measurement instruments such as: micrometers, calipers, microscope, ruler, etc.
- Must have experience with electro-mechanical assemblies
- Ability to recognize and enforce compliance to Raytheon Technologies policies and procedures
- Must be a team player, in order to promote a spirit of cooperation
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite is a must
- Demonstrate excellent communication, oral and written skills.
- Able to conduct a First Article Inspection (FAI) per AS9102
- Ability to work with a high degree of enthusiasm and efficiency
- Display a deep personal commitment to successfully complete all assignments
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative (self-starter)
- Current IPC/WHMA-A-620 training or certification
- Current IPC-J-STD-001 training or certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates Degree will be considered in lieu of (2) years' work experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent education and experience in an electrical mechanical field
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.