Seeking Entry level Mechanics in Savannah, GA
PDS Tech is seeking an Ops Trainee for an open position in Savannah, GA. This is an entry-level position in which the individual will be trained in the manufacturing processes of the aircraft. In a team environment, under direct supervision, perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department. Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:1. Under specific instruction and guidance, perform fitting of detail parts and basic drilling and riveting operations using basic mechanic hand tools (pneumatic drills, rivet gun, counter sinks, reamers and files, etc.)2. Ensure parts and work content meets the instructions of assigned manufacturing employee and/or Quality Control Inspector.3. Learn to read work orders, blueprints, and specification sheets to determine sequence of operation and work requirement.4. Align and assemblies parts to be riveted using holding fixtures, pins, clamps and fasteners.5. Observe and assist to become familiar with parts and assemblies, then works with decreasing supervision as experience is gained.Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to work Any shift
- 1-2 years of Mechanical experience required (Automotive, Diesel Mechanics, Small Engine Mechanics, Motorcycle Mechanics)
- High School Diploma or GED required.Entry level position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.Enrollment in a Technical Aviation program preferred.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and computer keyboard skill.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.