Senior Avionics Tech (Savannah GA)
- Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Provides direct training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce.
- Teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Oversees the performance and compliance with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment.
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of daily logs and other paperwork.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented
- As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
- Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
- Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Maintains required logs and records.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related experience.
- A P (FAA Airframe and Powerplant) license preferred.
- Other FCC License preferred.
- Other NCATT preferred.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
- APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
PDS Tech,Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.