Senior Maintenance Controller
OverviewResponsible for reviewing all maintenance discrepancies for operational impact and develops an action plan to reduce or eliminate a delayResponsibilities
- Coordinates the maintenance, tooling and parts support for all maintenance activities with our vendors and internal departments.
- Coordinates parts and manpower requirements for engine/aircraft repair beyond the capability of contract vendors and monitors repair activities through to completion.
- Manages implementation of repair action plans.
- Researches and completes SDR reports and works in conjunction with the FAA liaison to provide follow-up as requested by the FAA.
- Analyzes problem areas and recommends corrective action through technical interaction with maintenance vendors, engineering and flight crews.
- Identifies chronic aircraft problems and develops detailed action plans for their repair.
- Briefs maintenance management on aircraft systems problems and provides corrective action plans.
- Travels with the aircraft to gather additional information on aircraft problems as required.
- Briefs Duty Manager and above on status of all aircraft in work on shift.
- Provides on the job training for Maintenance Control Specialists
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the airline industry, preferably with wide-body aircraft.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to read wiring diagrams, structural repair manuals, maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement