Senior Mechanical Engineer /Principal Mechanical Engineer Lead
Job Description:Raytheon’s Missile and Defense (RMD) Mechanical Products Team is responsible for mechanical design, analysis and test of all sensor and effector products across the RMD portfolio. Our vision is to be the premier team for mechanical design and development through world class people, collaboration, and innovation. The Platform Integration Department leads mechanical design, development and integration of platform systems. The department is comprised of individuals with technical expertise and experience in hardware design, integration and production support. Within the Platform Integration Department, the JCA Center of Excellence is responsible for the management and completion of (Jurisidiction and Classification Assessments) for the RMD business unit, inclusive of all Mission Areas.Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the execution of JCAs ( Jurisdiction and Classification Council) for various programs and or business units within RMD
- Work with limited supervision and meet commitments for assigned schedule, financial, and programmatic goals.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines and non-technical disciplines and interface with suppliers to resolve issues.
- Support development of processes and Best Practices
- Apply knowledge and experience of export compliance to adjacent areas of Engineering execution
- Develop and deliver targeted JCA training in support of various programs and or business units within RMD
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 10 years of experience in a Design Engineering, Product Management or Configuration Management role or similar engineering related roles with minimum of Four (4) years involvement in export compliance activities
- Previous experience includes understanding of U.S. export control regulations and the Order of Review as prescribed by the State Department
- Experience with OCR software package or similar export database package
- Experience with Windchill or similar product data management tool
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international), less than 10%
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Specifications and regulations including the ITAR, EAR and other non-US regulations
- Advanced problem planning and solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Project)
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in an Integrated Product Team environment, interfacing with other engineers, Global Trade, internal and external Counsel, Corporate Officials, Leadership, Program Managers, and US Government Officials
- Able to solve opened ended, multi-variate programmatic issues
- Able to work well with people at all levels of the organization and achieve results with a minimum of conflicts and within schedule
- Previous experience includes adaptability and willingness to work varying assignments
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration skills
- Team leadership; experience leading a multi-disciplined, technical team with the ability to develop, empower, motivate and mentor the team.
- Experience with Earned Value Management and Estimate at Complete (EAC) process
- Experience in supporting or leading proposals
- Experience in operationalizing Global Trade control requirements
- Virtual formal training experience
- Familiarity with Risk Opportunity Management
- Existing US Secret level security clearance or the ability to obtain
Required Education (including Major):
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Technology, or a related technical field .
This position can be a salary grade level of G09 or G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.168435
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.