Sheet Metal Technician
Job Title: Sheet Metal Technician Coach Location: Rockford, IL 61109Position: Permanent #8211; Full TimeSalary: Competitive PayOur client offers their team members a long-term career pathway and the opportunity to work with a great team! Building and retaining the best team in aviation is their priority #8212; and so is promoting from within. Their team members benefit from very competitive compensation and benefits programs, tuition reimbursement, mentorship, training and leadership development, plus much more! Join their team if you want to make a difference in the quality and safety of aircraft transporting our family, friends and service members. SUMMARY
- A Sheet Metal Technician Coach is a working technician with added responsibilities of mentoring junior level technicians.
- You'll be primarily responsible for mentoring and developing junior level technicians with intent to enhance workflow efficiency and production overall.
- You'll maintain a standard sheet metal technician workload, while assigned 4-7 mentees.
- You'll work closely with the trainer coordinating appropriate OJT.
- This position will report to the maintenance manager and must be flexible to work a 5-day schedule, either a dayshift (7am to 3:30pm) or 2nd shift (3:30pm to midnight).
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Be proficient in working through all minor and/or major repairs, modifications, with minimal supervision.
- Expert level proficiency in using technical data and drawings in order to accomplish the repair.
- Highly proficient in fabrication, cold working, flap peening, and jacking/shoring aircraft.
- Ensure a high standard of workmanship is maintained and inform the maintenance supervisor or project manager of faulty equipment and poor housekeeping practices leading to an unsafe work area.
- Perform according to the Repair Station Quality Manual (RSQM) and be proficient with its' content.
- Able to use FAA approved data (i.e. IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM) proficiently.
- Ensure work performed adheres to a high quality of standards.
- Effectively direct the work of less experienced mechanics.
- Responsible to be a trusted guide ensuring quick familiarity of how-to-quickly get started
- Responsible for role modeling desirable behaviors #8211; patience, tolerance, and active listening.
- Responsible for the progressive technical and professional development of the assigned mentee.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year related experience and or training.
- Must possess a minimum #8220;A#8221; license; may or may not have a #8220;P#8221;.
- Previous experience working heavy maintenance in an MRO environment.
- Must possess a career history including tenure and progressive career development.
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency.Additional Keywords Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, A318, A319, A320, A321, DC-9, MD-80, MD-90, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, B757, B717, B737, B757, B767, EMB 145, EMB 135, MD -11, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A P mechanic, airframe mechanic, QA,QC, inspector, OEM, FAA, EASA, Part 145, Manager, Management, MRO, aviation, aircraft, airline, airplane, aviation management, TCO, KPI, director, flying, Analysis, aviation sales, operations, aviation repair, repair location