Sheetmetal Assembler- Charleston, SC
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking multiple Structural Assembler in North Charleston, SC.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials,tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural/system components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement. Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension.
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms #8226; Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests.
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material.
- Obtain maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities.
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.