Sheetmetal Tech Sr
PDS is seeking a Sheetmetal Tech Sr for an open position in Brunswick, GA.The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Sheetmetal Technicians. Essential Functions:
- Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Perform Lead responsibilities, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:High School Diploma or GED required. Four (4) years of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience. Experience in aerospace industry preferred. Valid Driver's License required.Other Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid drivers license required to operate towing and other transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with MicroSoft Office suite.
Unique Skills:THESE POSITIONS ARE FOR 1ST, 2ND AND 4TH SHIFT.HEAVY STRUCTURAL MOD EXPERIENCE PREFERREDBLUEPRINT READING PROFICIENCYKNOWLEDGE OF TRADE TOOLS REQUIRED