Sr Mechanical Engineer I - Structural Analyst
Are you an experienced Structural Analyst with a classical and/or advanced methods background?Do you possess the ability to work well independently and in a team environment?Do you strive for customer satisfaction?Are you a team player and builder? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!We are Raytheon Missiles Defense and we are seeking mid-level career Structural Analyst / Engineers to join the Mechanical Products Engineering Directorate within Analysis Test Department in Huntsville, AL.The selected candidate will be responsible for detailed structural analysis to support all phases of programs including development and production. The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The analysis tasks will span the spectrum from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software. The selected candidate will work under general direction and will be expected to define the scope and level of analysis required to meet required objectives and will be held accountable for completing the work within the agreed upon cost and schedule. The candidate will be expected to present their work for peer reviews and to be a peer reviewer for other engineers’ work. The customers of this position will include internal personnel and programs as well as external Government(s) personnel and programs.The selected candidate will work with the customer and engineering leadership to define testing required to validate structural analyses and to verify that hardware is compliant with requirements. In addition, the selected candidate will be expected to plan and support tests, perform data reduction and engage in structural model correlation.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Required Experience, Skills Education:
- Four (4) years of professional experience in Structural Analysis (MS with 2 years or Ph.D. with 0 years of experience)
- Experience with Structural Finite modeling using at least one of these tools; PATRAN, ANSYS, NASTRAN or equivalent software.
- Bachelor of Science in any of the following: General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Applied Physics or related field.
- U.S Citizenship is required
Desired Experience, Skills Education:
- Six (6) or more years of experience in the structural analysis of complex systems that require collaboration of multiple engineering disciplines (such as a weapon system)
- Experience with solid modeling CAD tool such as ProE, CREO or equivalent
- Earned Value Management System knowledge
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience in structural testing: planning, organization, execution, data reduction and correlation
- Proficiency with engineering workstations running Windows and Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Must currently have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.