St Louis Component Repair III
ONIT Aviation is seeking Contract STL-RS Acft Component Repair Tech III in GAC St. LouisUnique Skills:
Must have know how to overhaul Aircraft wheel and brake assemblies.
Must be able to read and use micrometers, calipers and other measuring
devices. Must be able to pass physical for respirator. Must be able to
lift up to 90lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
HS diploma or GED. A P license, FCC
license, or NCATT cert preferred. Able to read interpret
blueprints, eng docs, CMP data, CBs and ASCs. Proficient in operation of
all tools equip in dept. Basic understanding of shop math. 6 yrs
experience in one of the following or related exp: Sheetmetal and/or
hydraulic overhaul. Avionics/elect compo repair, accredited schooling in
electronics and elec sys may offset some exp reqmts. APU removal,
install, and service.Position Purpose:
Working with a high degree of independence, provide leadership and
technical guidance while performing the repair and overhaul of internal
and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in
accordance with GAC Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Mastery of advanced skills, procedures, techniques, tools, materials
and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization. Duties and
tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
2. Showing superior technical skill and competence, perform, instruct,
and oversee repair of mech and elect assemblies and subassemblies
through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or
fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with
blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal
instructions, eng dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data.
All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements
ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
3. Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with
required doc to perform functional and operational tests of mech and
elect acft components for return to service or for initial cert for new
4. Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul
manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity
requirements are met.
5. Showing superior tech skill, remove skins and related components on
flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and
6. Demonstrate mastery of repair techniques and concepts using
acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and
application of protective coatings.
7. Demonstrate expertise in use, maintenance, and calibration
requirements of precision measuring and inspect tools.
8. Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA
Repair Station requirements.
9. Mastery of shop material and component flow through via work orders
in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
10. Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and
1. Lay-out, remove, fabricate and/or install major and minor repairs to
flight controls and other secondary structure components using honeycomb
core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques,
test bench procedures, hydraulic press procedures, and servicing carts.
2. Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mech parts, components
and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting
or other mech means.
3. Remove install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance
for ALL GAC acft models.
4. Provide tech support to Customer Support Coordinators and Tech
5. Perform complex troublehshooting and subsequent repairs to electronic
assemblies and subassemblies by removing and replacing circuit
components, either through hole or surface mount, using acceptable
soldering and circuit repair techniques.
6. Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses
utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including
splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
7. Perform, in conjunction with QC Reps, mass weight and balance on
repaired flight controls using blueprints and required FAA Repair
8. Assist with training Acft Component Repair Techs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.Additional Information
Requisition Number: 145402
Department: J2231-JSTL Serv Accessories