Structural Mechanics - Bridgeport, West Virginia! 30+/hr
PDS is seeking Structural Mechanics for open positions in Bridgeport, West Virginia. In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Company General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)Safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures.
- All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
Education and Experience:
- You have typically 3+ years structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You hold an Airframe license
- You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You have sheet metal A/C Tech school or equivalent schooling
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You must obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You have the ability to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You have the ability to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (If applicable)You have basic PC skills
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft
PDS Tech, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.