Structure Assembler-QUICK FEEDBACK AND GREAT PAY!!!!
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking Structure Assemblers, in North Charleston, SC.Summary:
- Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Suitable will have ONE year of direct Aerospace Structural Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of solid Aerospace Structural Experience.
- Ability to select the correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead.
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Ability stand for long periods of time and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
- Frequent exposure to noise
- Candidates must be able to be moved as needed to the evening, afternoon, or morning shifts if necessary for the business need.
Flexible alternate schedule:
- Candidates will be required to be available to work Mon-Sun with flexible hours based upon the factory.
- On assigned days, candidates may be assigned to work up to 12 hours per day; hours will be determined based upon business needs.
- Candidates will be assigned to work up to 40 hours per week; hours will be determined based upon business needs.
Candidates must be prepared to:
- Have completed all contingencies to start successfully (drug test, background check, etc.) before attending assessment.
- Attend and pass an Assessment prior to start date. A limited number of seats for Assessment, must be on the Scheduled List before reporting to assessment.
- Upon start date, attend and pass a training class. Failure of class may be cause for assignment termination.
- Candidates who fail to show up to assessment will be immediately terminated.
- High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.(HS Diploma or GED Required).
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.