Traveling AP Mechanic (Fixed Wing)
As a Traveling A P Mechanic, you will travel with aircraft to out-stations operations. You will inspect, modify and repair aircraft at various maintenance bases in Florida including Miami, West Palm Beach, Opa-Locka and Stuart. This position will be based in Daytona Beach, Florida. Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to travel on short notice, to several different locations.
- The ability to travel to out-stations and stay for an undetermined amount of time to provide technical assistance and labor.
- Must be able to cover normal expenses while being deployed and the company will reimburse normal expenses after summiting proper paperwork.
- Keeps Maintenance Control up to date on all aircraft troubleshooting, and evaluation.
- Is proficient in company and aircraft manuals, and paperwork.
- Has a good understanding of airline travel procedures.
- Has knowledge of aircraft damage and evaluation.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible to perform work assigned to him/her. Such work includes, but is not limited to, the overhaul, repair, alterations, assembly, servicing, and the performance of routine maintenance, as well as, non-routine maintenance on aircraft, in addition to, the replacement of components or related parts of the aircraft.
- Mechanics working on aircraft components, or related parts of the aircraft are responsible to perform work outlined on the applicable work forms that are in accordance with the manufacturer's maintenance manuals as well as the World Class Jet approved maintenance program. They are also responsible to sign for the accomplishment of such work on applicable work forms or records. The mechanic will be responsible for the work he/she performs.
- When delegated inspection authority by the Chief Inspector, he will perform the duties outlined for delegated inspector, and when performing said duties shall not inspect any item upon which has worked.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills
- Must know the contents of World Class Jet's GMM, the Operations Specifications, the provisions of 14 CFR 135, and other applicable regulations and policies necessary for the performance of his duties.
- Must hold Mechanic's Certificate with both airframe and powerplant ratings.
- Must have training in World Class Jet, GMM, policies and procedures, records, forms and must work under close supervision until determined to be qualified by the Director of Maintenance.
- Responsible for the training and workmanship of any trainee assigned to him.
- Performs the duties of delegated inspector when recommended by the Director of Maintenance and appointed by the Chief Inspector.
- Will be responsible only to the Chief Inspector when discharging the duties of inspector.
- When performing the duties of Inspector, shall not inspect any item upon which he has worked.
- High School diploma or GED
- FAA A P license
- Min 5 years experience and/or training on the following type or similar aircraft:
- Cessna Citation