Upholstery Technician-- Long term-- Hillsboro, OR -- CORP
Type of aircraft: LearLongevity: Temp to PermType of work environment: CorporateSummary
- Inspect, and maintain upholstery, carpet, cabinetry, other cabin furnishings and equipment.
- Remove, disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, and re-install as needed aircraft cabin furnishings such as fabric recovery, upholstery, carpet laying, cabinetry, etc.
- Troubleshoot, test and repair cabin furnishings and cabin systems, to include medevac aircraft cabin systems
- Cut, glue, install foam, material (leather/cloth) and trim parts to various interior panels.
- Cut pattern layouts for chair and parts.
- Install chair back and seat covers.
Tools required: YES Years' experience: 3+ yearsLicense requirements: N/ASpecific aircraft experience required: Other
- 5+ years of experience as an Upholstery Technician.
- 6 of 24 months of recent experience as an Aviation Upholstery Technician helpful.
- Knowledge of various types of aircraft adhesives and sealants and appropriate methods of application, as well as aircraft interior fasteners and basic methods of installation and suitable substitutions helpful.
- Ability to fabricate parts as required and knowledge of composites, fabrics and other coverings and where substitutes may be used.
- Ability to read and use Blue Prints, Structure Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Codes, Engineering Drawings, and Service Bulletins.
- The ability to use standard hand tools.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred candidates will have experience working in a corporate aircraft environment.